Sunday 20 December 2015

Christmas Eeyore | Copic Marker Drawing


My mother's birthday is Christmas Eve, and I have always drew her something for her big day. She's always been my number one fan when it comes to my Art (My nana was second!) so I always like to surprise her with little arty bits.
I had taken a generic picture of Eeyore (My mother's favourite Winnie the Pooh character) from Google images and added a Santa hat to his head and gave him a red bow for his tail as opposed to his pink one for a festive touch.
I'm very quick at drawing an outline (I didn't get any photos of just the outline, sorry!) so I lightly sketched him out before colouring him in with the closest colours I have out of my small-medium copic ciao markers.

The colours I used were:
  • 100 Black
  • R27 Cadmium Red
  • RV13 Tender Pink
  • C-1 Cool Gray No 1
  • V91 Pale Grape
  • RV95 Baby Blossoms
  • BV13 Hydrangea Blue
  • YR00 Powder Pink
I used circular motions with the brush nibs to get a smooth finish from the markers.
 
 
I outlined Eeyore with Copic's Multiliner which has a 0.3mm nib. I thickened some of the lines to make him stand out more as I intended to add a background.
I sliced the excess paper off with a guillotine and proceeded with the background. I used:
  • BG000 Pale Aqua
  • BG01 Aqua Blue
  • B00 Frost Blue

 
 
I used a 0.5mm Line Painter by Graphik in White for some specks of white throughout the background.
After a few finishing touches the drawing was complete.


 
 
What do you guys think? I'm not a professional artist and my art education only goes up to GCSE grade, but you can tell it's Eeyore can't you? Haha! Looking back on it I could have done his feet better but my mother loves it and that's what is most important to me, but please feel free to leave any constructive criticism!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment