Friday 18 December 2015

My Favourite Lip Products


 
This year has been the first year where I’ve introduced lipsticks, lip liners and lip balms into my makeup looks and routines. I’ve always thought to myself ‘It’s not an everyday necessity!’, but this year was different. I wear a lip product almost every day now! Whether I’m going to work or going on a date, something ends up on my lips. I’ve picked out my favourite products to share with you all; they are not in any particular order of preference and are solely based on my opinion so I hope you enjoy.
 
I bought this as part of a set which included a lip gloss and a hair band as it was only £15. The colour I have is Magnolia, a lovely dark rosy shade that compliments all of my makeup looks so its versatility won me over. I just apply this creamy lip and cheek duo with my fingertip and sweep it across my lips. There are a few shades to choose from and I will definitely be repurchasing this when mine runs out, and its handy compact casing makes it easy to throw in your bag and apply on the go if needed, having a handy mirror inside.
 
A balm stick I impulsively bought on one of my frequent trips to the local Boots. This clear balm does as it says and hydrates my very dry lips, and the coconut and pear scents are a perfect combination! A bit on the expensive side for a lip balm but it is deliciously worth the extra couple of pounds.
 
I bought this in Bakewell in September in a small store called Elliot Rose Apothecary. They had two flavours left and the Strawberry Cupcake was the last of its kind so I quickly purchased this. This jelly-like balm is easy to apply and gives a pinkish shine to the lips, perfect for a girly-girl! It retails at a different price everywhere I’ve searched online so I’ve taken the price from the link.
 
One of my favourite budget lipsticks that last on your lips. I have 3 shades from this collection but there are loads to choose from to suit all skin tones and personalities. Here’s a glimpse of my favourite Fatal Red – a bold, matte shade perfect for a safe transition for those wanting a more daring lip shade. These lipsticks are strong, dependable and affordable so try them out when you can.
Nivea Lip Butter - £1.99
 
Another cheap lip product that works its magic well. A little goes a long way with these little tins – a thin layer of this across my lips and they feel soft and supple. I like to apply this before I go to bed as I find it comes off easily with a drink or a lick of the lips. Despite this, it is still a worthy product that helps fight dry lips.
 
Last but certainly not least on my list is this budget liner by Rimmel. I don’t usually like Rimmel’s products but these are the exception. This product applies smoothly to my lips with the help of the ovular-teardrop shape of the nib and again lasts through its wear. I have the shade Eastend Snob 63, a neutral pink that adds a subtle yet noticeable tone to my lips.
Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them? What are your favourite lip products? Leave your comments below. :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment