Monday 28 December 2015

My Recent Beauty Purchases


Hello all! I hope you all had a happy holiday season!
This year's Christmas was a bit different for myself; we picked our own presents and gave money to each other (Pretty spiritless, eh?) but nonetheless, my Christmas with my family was a good one. So with my gift money I treated myself to a few beauty products which I hope will become staple products in my makeup looks.

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Instant Retouch Pressed Powder - £12
 
I needed a new powder as my Max Factor Loose Powder is down to almost nothing. It was 3 for 2 on Soap and Glory™ products, if it weren't I probably wouldn't have made the purchase. I am looking forward to using the product but the lack of compact applicator downgrades its appeal for a future purchase.

Soap and Glory Archery 2-in-1 Sculpting Crayon and Setting Gel - £10

 
I've been having a few issues with brow products recently and have been searching for a new product to save them from more disastrous looks. I've purchased two different brow products to try out, and I can't wait to see which one will win my heart! The Soap and Glory Archery 2-in-1 Brow Sculpting Crayon and Setting Gel appealed to me first. I've chosen the Brown & Out shade to test, and after hearing positive reviews about the brow pen, along with it's appealing simplicity, it looks like it will be a recurring purchase for my makeup bag.

Soap and Glory Arch de Triumph Two-Step Shaping & Highlighting Crayon - £9

 
Contestant number 2 in my brow product search is the Arch de Triumph Shaping and Highlighting Crayon by Soap and Glory, purchased in Taupe/Buff. I am partial to an eyebrow pencil after using L'Oreal Paris' Brow Artist Pencil and getting along well with it, but I really wanted to try a different brand (I've never used Soap and Glory makeup before *GASP*). Again the simple design drew me to the pencil and the packaging even has tips on usage, something I take a lot of notice in when shaping something as delicate as my eyebrows.

Benefit Cosmetics Bad Gal Lash and They're Real Push-Up Liner - £18.50 Each

After having much success with the They're Real Tinted Primer I had to try more Benefit products. I really like their eye products after testing these two products out together. The mascara came with a miniature sized version of the product which is handy for a night out, and paired with the primer it elongates my lashes without them looking fake or clumpy. The eyeliner is also a pleaser, it's angled tip and gel texture makes the application smooth and simple, and it lasts a good few hours on the eyes without any touch up.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in My Two Cents - £15.50
 
A product I got for free with my Benefit order, but would purchase in the future. The creamy eyeshadow gives my eyes a strong, long-lasting pop of colour and also blends well with my normal powder palettes. This coppery-brown shade compliments my brown eyes well, too.
 
 
Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter - £24.50
 

I'm not a fan of this product and wouldn't purchase it again. This cream-to-powder highlighter just doesn't give my face that soft, highlighted finish I expected from a product that is so expensive. It made my skin look dirty and the powder transformation gave my cheeks a patchy finish.
 
Benefit Pore-Fessional Mattifying Powder - £23.50



Another product I wasn't so pleased with. This mattifying powder is just like any normal translucent powder but it says on the packaging that it can be applied after moisturising or on a finished face. Applying it before makeup gave my face a rough base for my foundation, but it did set my liquid foundation and lasted a long time on my face. I just don't think for the price it is worth it.
Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned? What are your thoughts on them? Don't forget to like and leave a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment